AUSA and Shadows Presents: Battle of the Bands
The AUSA Battle of the Bands is coming up this August and September. Watch as the best student up-and-coming bands face off against one another across two sweaty heats for a place in the grand final and a shot at the giant prize package. There can be only one.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Wash your skinny jeans, warm up your vocal chords and come ready to rock. Sign up using our online form by the 28th August.
Heats: Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st of August
Final: Wednesday 20th September
AUSA BoTB Rules
- Each band must include at least one currently enrolled University of Auckland student, who must make a meaningful contribution to the performance.
- Bands must have a minimum of two members.
- The competition is open to bands of any musical genre.
- Bands should not be cover bands. Performances may include a maximum of one cover song.
- No backing tracks are permitted.
- Bands will have a 20 minute time allotment to play a minimum of two songs. This time allotment includes set-up and packdown. There will be a -1 point penalty for every minute a band is on stage past the twenty-minute time limit as determined by the organiser.
- Technicians will be on hand to assist each band with possible sound checks.
- The sound check time will be determined at a later date, but will be held on the day of the performance. There may not be time to sound check each song in its entirety.
- Bands must report to the stage area at least 30 minutes before their scheduled performance time.
- Entries close and all information must be submitted by 28th August, 2017. If entries are beyond capacity an additional heat night may be added or entries may close early.
- Failure to comply with contest rules could result in disqualification. Penalties will be at the discretion of the organisers.
- AUSA reserves the right to make notified changes to the rules of the contest at any time.
AUSA will provide the back line which will include 2x guitar amps, 1x bass amp, 1x standard drum kit, and mics.
1st Place: TBA
2nd Place: TBA