University Staff Giving Circle and AUSA Child Care Grant
This child care grant aims to assist University of Auckland students with children with child care centre costs. The grant will support up to two student parents per semester. Grants may be extended to cover a full year if reporting requirements are fulfilled.
The selected recipient/s will have their Early Childcare Education (ECE) fees topped up (or paid for entirely if ineligible for the government subsidy) at a child care centre of their choosing during class time. The grant may also provide contributions to transport costs to help student parents get to university at the discretion of the donors.
The scholarship funds are provided by a giving circle initiated by women University of Auckland staff with the aim of assisting student parents financially and ensuring study is not inhibited due to child care responsibilities.
To apply, you must be a University of Auckland student in 2016 and have a child/in a formal child care facility (or PORSE). Applicants must also be a New Zealand resident.
To apply for this grant, please fill in ALL details on the form provided and attach/upload ALL relevant documents. Extra detail is always preferable and missing information will delay your application.
This can either be filled in online or in hardcopy. If you are handing in a hardcopy form, please return it to AUSA reception on 4 Alfred St. Applications will be processed in the two weeks following the application deadline and applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Please note that confidentiality of the applicant is always honoured.
The selected recipient/s will have their ECE fees paid directly to one of the University of Auckland’s six ECE centres in Epsom, Grafton, or the City or, in exceptional circumstances, to a location in the recipient’s home community. The selected recipient/s will also be required to update the giving circle and/or AUSA at regular intervals while receiving the grant.
Note: Applications close midnight on Sunday the 18th of February
AUSA has other forms of welfare that you may be eligible for:
- Foodbank: Each student is eligible to collect up to three food parcels a semester from AUSA reception at 4 Alfred st. If you have dependents, please contact email@example.com and the welfare team will provide a family sized parcel.
- Hardship grant: AUSA provides hardship grants of up to $250 or $400 for those with dependents per semester. Either apply online through ausa.org.nz under “support” or pick up an application form from AUSA reception at 4 Alfred st.
- Textbook grant: This is available at the beginning of each semester for students struggling to cover the costs of textbooks. The form can be found online at ausa.org.nz under “support.”
- Parent Spaces: AUSA runs a parent spaces in the City Campus in Old Choral Hall Building 104, Room G17. It is open 8.30am – 4.00pm. It includes a study desk, lounge, toys, and books.
- Student Advice Hub: The AUSA Student Advice Hub offers free support, advice and information to all students. The hub provides a range of free advocacy for tenancy, employment, academic and other issues. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
If you have any queries, about this grant or any of our other services, please contact the Welfare-Vice-President on email@example.com
The Child Care Grant is currently closed.