The AUSA Welfare Hardship Grants scheme was set up to assist students in hardship with the basic necessities of life.
We do not pay for items like
- Parking tickets & fines
- Arrears from Finance Companies
- Bad Debt
- Course Fees
- Membership Fees (Gyms/ Clubs)
- Domestic & International Flights
Your Hardship situation or the bills that you need to pay must be
- Short Term
- Threaten your University Study
- You have not already accessed the hardship fund within the current semester
- You must be employed or seeking employment
- Gather all information that you need for the Hardship Application – missing information will delay our ability to assess your application
- Your application will be assessed by the AUSA Welfare Committee, and you will generally be notified within 48 hours of the decision by email
- If the grant is successful the nominated amount will be deposited into the bank account provided
- Successful applicants will be granted up to $250 depending on their situation and need, or up to $400 if they are caring for dependents.
Just download the application form or collect one from reception at AUSA House, complete the form with the appropriate evidence and return it to the AUSA reception. Or you can apply online here.